Attachmate Reflection Suite for X 2011 offers X server technologies, terminal emulation software, and a file transfer client—all in one deployment package. This integrated solution lets you securely access mission-critical applications on UNIX and IBM systems from any modern Windows desktop, locally or across the globe. It quickly renders rich, precise X graphics using new compression technology, and allows users to resume suspended X programs from any platform. Powerful, flexible, and comprehensive, this solution combines familiar legacy functionality with sophisticated next-generation capability.
|What’s New in Reflection Suite for X 2011?|
Windows-Based PC X Server and Terminal Emulation Software for IBM, UNIX, and OpenVMS Hosts
- Windows 8 Compatible, Compatible with Windows 7, Citrix Ready, and VMware Ready logos.
- Secure token authorization support for bolstered host security.*
- Firewall-friendly remote domain connections.
- Automatic bandwidth and latency detection for improved performance.
- Native support for the 64-bit Windows platform.
- Support for next-generation hash algorithms to better secure data in motion.
- Built-in keyboard templates for common keyboard layouts.
With Reflection Suite for X 2011, you can:
- Deploy a single product that meets the full spectrum of host access needs.
- Connect Windows users to graphical and text-based applications on IBM Mainframe, IBM AS/400, UNIX, Linux, and OpenVMS hosts.
- Suspend and resume X sessions across Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Mac platforms.
- Administer and deploy Reflection X Advantage sessions from a central location, and enable users to launch the program from a browser window.
- Enable remote users to establish secure connections to X client applications behind the corporate firewall.
- Share X sessions in real time to collaborate with colleagues around the world.
- Work the way you’re used to working with built-in templates for common keyboard layouts.
* Requires Reflection Security Gateway access license.
You can seamlessly copy and paste text and graphics between Windows and UNIX-based applications. (Click image to enlarge)
You can access graphical X window environments, run terminal-based applications, and transfer files—all with a single product installation. (Click image to enlarge)
Reflection Suite for X 2011 includes:
- Reflection X Advantage 4.2
- Reflection X 14.1
- Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011 terminal emulation
- Reflection for IBM 2011 terminal emulation
- Reflection Secure FTP Client
Attachmate Reflection Suite for X 2011—Windows-based PC X server technology, terminal emulation software, and FTP client for IBM, UNIX, and OpenVMS hosts.
Evaluate Reflection Suite for X 2011
Postfinance uses Reflection X to provide access to its mission-critical, proprietary transaction processing and customer data management applications. These applications provide administrative access for the majority of our core products and services and as such play an essential role in Postfinance’s daily operations.
- 2631 Reflection X Advantage 4.2 New Features and Release Notes
- 2553 Reflection 14.1 SP2: Fixes, Features, and File Download
- 2236 Running Reflection X Advantage and Reflection X on the Same Machine
- 2235 When to Use Reflection X Advantage
- 2632 Reflection X 2011 R3 Supported Platforms and System Requirements