The Unisys Open Message Switching Engine (OMSE) provides efficient connectivity to the mainframe reservation systems of airline industry customers. OMSE is a scalable, robust solution designed specifically for supporting the high transaction rates and vast number of sessions that exist on large airline networks.
OMSE is an application that translates legacy application protocols to current TCP/IP protocol standars, such as MATIP. Legacy systems include both Unisys and IBM Systems for reservations and departure control, global distribution systems (GDS), and airport operations.
Unisys OMSE features:
- Consistent, real-time customer information at all points of contact
- Replacement for legacy front-end processors
- Powerful management and administration features
- Flexible configuration and network management support
- Browser-based management
- Low-cost alternative to re-architecting entire legacy networks